This is the post content. It should be displayed in place of the auto-generated excerpt in single-page views. Archive-index pages should display an auto-generated excerpt of this content. Depending on Theme-defined filters, the length of the auto-generated excerpt will vary from Theme-to-Theme. The default length for auto-generated excerpts is 55 words, so to test the excerpt auto-generation, this post must have more than 55 words.
Be sure to test the formatting of the auto-generated excerpt, to ensure that it doesn’t create any layout problems. Also, ensure that any filters applied to the excerpt, such as <code>excerpt_length</code> and <code>excerpt_more</code>, display properly.
This is a sticky post.
There are a few things to verify:
- The sticky post should be distinctly recognizable in some way in comparison to normal posts. You can style the
.sticky class if you are using the post_class() function to generate your post classes, which is a best practice.
- They should show at the very top of the blog index page, even though they could be several posts back chronologically.
- They should still show up again in their chronologically correct postion in time, but without the sticky indicator.
- If you have a plugin or widget that lists popular posts or comments, make sure that this sticky post is not always at the top of those lists unless it really is popular.
This post tests comments in the following ways.
- Threaded comments up to 10 levels deep
- Paginated comments (set Settings > Discussion > Break comments into pages to 5 top level comments per page)
- Comment markup / formatting
- Comment images
- Comment videos
- Author comments
- Gravatars and default fallbacks